Monday, January 9, 2012

Some initial thoughts


So as I was just wasting time on the internet, I cam across this picture and I thought it very fitting for me at this time.  I have been pulled out of the comfort I experienced at Lake Forest College and in the US and put somewhere very different.  I was in complete and utter shock the first couple of days and then slipped into terrible homesickness.  All of these feelings are normal for someone traveling this far away, but I do not want to be hindered by them.

I had a rough start to my journey.  I cried, I wanted to come home, I was frustrated, and just in a bad mood.  Things are getting better now as classes are starting and I am getting some sort of structure to my day and I know it will only get better.  I am out of my comfort zone, and at first that is scary, but I need to remember that although things are different, they are not necessarily bad.  I am going to have days where I cry or miss the US, but I am also going to have days where I will be lucky enough to experience some incredible things.  My life is beginning and I am so excited to start to take in everything this place has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment